Follow Us    |Facebook

Call or Text for a Consultation


Orland Park Uninsured Motorist Accident Lawyer

DuPage County Uninsured Driver Injury Lawyer

Tinley Park Car Accident Attorney for Collisions Involving Uninsured and Underinsured Drivers

You May Still Have Options if You Were Injured by an Underinsured/Uninsured Driver

Although Illinois law requires drivers to carry liability insurance in the event they cause an accident, many drivers — especially in the Chicago area — do not have liability insurance.

If you were involved in a car accident with a driver who does not have insurance (or a hit-and-run driver), you may still be able to recover damages from an insurance company. However, it will be your own insurance company, under your own underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage.

Many people are unaware that they have underinsured / uninsured motorist coverage. In Illinois, all insurance policies are required to provide this coverage in the event you are hit by an uninsured motorist. Likely you have been paying for this coverage for years. It is your right to take advantage of this coverage now that you have a need and to make an underinsured/uninsured motorist claim for your injuries and damages.

Unfortunately, that sounds easier than it often is. Insurance companies never want to pay out money if they can avoid it. And, if they do make payment on a claim, they will always seek to pay as little as possible, even if the claim is legitimate. That is why people hire personal injury lawyers to handle their uninsured/underinsured motorists' claims.

If you need full and fair compensation after a serious car accident, motorcycle accident, or truck accident with injuries, contact me, injury attorney Khaled Issa. Schedule a consultation at my Orland Park office by calling 708-966-2408.

Underinsured Coverage

Many people driving in Illinois carry the minimum amount of auto insurance coverage allowable by law. For any serious injury in a car crash or motorcycle accident, that amount is not nearly enough to fully compensate you for your injuries and damages. This is where underinsured motorist coverage comes into play.

You can make a claim against your own insurance company for damages for the amount of money in excess of the insurance coverage of the person that hit you — up to the total amount of your underinsured motorist coverage policy. For example, if the other driver carried $20,000, and your expenses were $50,000, you could seek the additional $30,000 from your own insurance policy.

Coverage for Pedestrians

Pedestrians can also be covered for accidents involving uninsured or underinsured drivers (including hit-and-run drivers). I will review your various insurance policies, as well as the policies of family members living in your home, to see which policy may be available as a resource for you.

Contact Our Will County Underinsured Motorist Accident Attorney

Contact my Orland Park office online or call 708-966-2408 to speak with me about a car, truck, or motorcycle accident. I represent clients bringing underinsured/uninsured motorist claims for auto accidents throughout Cook County and Will County, Illinois.

Back to Top